How does a whirlwind start?

The last 3 days have been a whirlwind. On top of rolling my ankle whilst running in Lilydale on Friday, a mountain of stuff has happened on the days proceeding.

I spent Saturday night at the Bledisloe Cup game in Melbourne, Wallabies versus All Blacks. Those All Blacks really are “freaks” and they always have been. Nobody in their right mind really thought that the Wallabies could beat the All Blacks. But, in the opening minutes, Australia was given a glimmer of hope with a try. It was squashed when the All Blacks quickly put away their first try of many.

Australia could not do anything right against the flawless All Blacks, they made it look like easy clock work.

It was surprising to see the great number of Black shirts in the the crowd, these are normally flushed out with Gold. There were a lot of empty seats at half time, Australia displayed un-sportsman like conduct when half the supporters left.

The Wallabies came back with a few points late in the second half, but, it was too little, too late. The All Blacks left the Wallabies and their supporters in confusion, finishing the game on a 28 – 49 score line. There is a lot to do on the drawing board for the Wallabies before they play again on Saturday.

It was a short sleep for me on Saturday, I rose at 4.30 am to catch a 6.00 am flight to Sydney. In future that is probably not the time I pick to fly, but you have to run with the cheaper flights. I should explain that I was going to Sydney, as my client/friend, Mark Dobson was going to be on the TODAY show Monday morning with his book “Parenting Freak Ability”.

We get into Sydney at 7.30 am, and we are at the hotel by 8.00 am. We cannot check in until 2.00 pm. Wow! That is a few hours to kill…

First thing on our mind is breakfast, the task was to find somewhere that was open. We eventually found a couple of cafes on Darling Harbour, where the Sydney Boat Show was on. After breakfast, we walked some more, sat and read, and then walked some more. We found an awesome, big book shop where we spent an hour or so browsing the shelves.

Later, we checked in, freshened up and made our way out to my brothers house in the Northern Beaches for dinner. It was fantastic, I hadn’t seen one of my brothers for probably 5 years. So it was a real treat to be able to sit down with a glass of red and share a yarn.

Dinner was followed by a short sleep back at the hotel in Darling Harbour, then an early start for a radio interview, and a taxi ride to Channel 9 studios for the TODAY show. My first Greenroom experience, loved it! Although, the whole process of the Greenroom is not that exciting ( I honestly thought they would give us food), it was just fun to be in that atmosphere.

People always say that studios are way smaller than they appear on TV, but the studio WAS actually way smaller than it appears on TV. I was in heaven, I was in a real studio, with real people talking on National Television. It was a great way to start the day.

We were back on a plane to Melbourne by 11 am and ready to catch 40 winks on the flight. Not only was it my first Greenroom experience, but it was also my first overnight business trip…

That was one crazy weekend! I have hit the ground running and I think the pace is going to withstand for a while.

I hope you can join me for the ride…


One comment on “How does a whirlwind start?

  1. I agree great to catch up after sooo looong over a glass of shiraz with fine company and food.
    You need to make more business trips to Sydney.

    Love J

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s